As a Technical Writer in the Knowledge Experience team for our client’s product development area, you will organize and create technical information about internal tools, platforms, and systems to build and support our client’s products. You will partner with product and program managers, developers, and test engineers as well as content and learning strategists to organize and produce scenario-oriented topics as well as conceptual pieces that provide insight into processes, governance, and policies. You will be challenged to use your creativity and experience to design and create accurate, concise, and sustainable knowledge experiences that answers questions for technical audiences.
Start: January 7th, 2019
Length: 6-month contract
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with developers and managers to understand information needs and desired outcomes.
- Write and sustain information used by engineers with a range of experience and expertise.
- Create annotations, screen captures, videos, and diagrams as necessary.
- Assisting team members with content reviews and technical edits
- 3+ years of experience of creating and writing technical documentation in the tech industry.
- You are able to describe complex and technical topics clearly and accurately in a way that is appropriate for the target audience.
- You can juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks with the most impact.
- Your typical approach to figuring out how something works is to try it and see.
- You are intensely curious about how engineers build and sustain our products. You might have specific database, network, or programming domain knowledge.
- You have a holistic approach to information that includes thinking about how the target audience will accomplish their desired outcomes.
- You have a B.S. or B.A. degree in Technical Communications or equivalent professional technical writing experience.
- Experience working within technical learning organizations is a plus.
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.