Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile Gateway
This job contributes to our client’s success by designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining systems/applications that support the commerce mobile application. The focus of this role will be on the mobile development team in developing and supporting backend/data layer services to consume data from rest APIs/various sources and make it available for native mobile client consumption. There is a potential of off-hours support on occasion if/when there are service interruptions to the customer experience.
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. May lead meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions. Manages tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and business analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems.
- Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Leads resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures. Coordinates with vendors for problem resolution and change requests.
- Ensures that applications changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet the organization’s future needs.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for department manager and project manager.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- May act as a source for direction, training and guidance for less experienced departmental staff.
- 5 years’ experience with server-side Java component
- Expertise in Object-oriented programming and component-based development
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with Maven and git a plus
- Ability to apply complex principles, theories and concepts of the technical discipline and provide solutions to a wide range of complex tasks, projects and problems.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with systems, processes and development, or technical disciplines in a specific field.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience creating and executing implementation strategies for complex systems.
- Ability in all phases of technical writing for information or infrastructure systems.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from
others to reach sound decisions.
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.