Senior/ Lead Software Engineer - DAM and CSA
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer, you will work with a team of architects, business analysts and other software engineers to define and drive technical solutions for our Marketing applications. You will provide technical leadership to the team to ensure that the best engineering practices are followed and that our software is designed to be responsive, reliable and maintainable. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys the reward of delivering business value quickly while working with the team to create a technical vision that can be delivered in an incremental nature. A successful candidate is passionate about building software the 'right' way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others.
Length: 5-Month contract
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4-6 software engineers and act as a technical go-to as well as provide hands-on full-stack development using best practices for designing maintainable extensible code.
- Contribute to an Agile delivery team, collaborating with architects, business analysts and other engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration and code reviews.
- Is accountable for establishing implementation strategies and guiding the team to make progress against it in each sprint, identifies technical risks as needed and proposes mitigation plans.
- Pursues technologies and techniques that accelerate the software delivery capabilities of the team.
- Coaches and mentors other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with large-scale applications including full-stack systems integration.
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing teams.
- Strong experience with Hibernate, Spring or EJB.
- Solid knowledge of networking principles and technologies including routing, load balancing, firewalls, and DNS.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining application systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Is able to execute effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to explain issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders with ease.
- Experience with batch jobs set up and management is preferred.
- Marketing and/or DAM experience is a nice to have.
- Retail Experience
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.