Senior Database Administrator (SQL)
We seek a seasoned database professional with a focus on Microsoft SQL database development and administration, and enterprise scheduler development and administration to join us as our Senior Database Administrator on the data availability group. This individual will resolve complex database and application issues, mentor less experienced team members, and provide technical guidance. As a Senior Database Administrator, you will be a critical player within our IT team with overall responsibility to ensure the smooth operations of database services, enterprise scheduler jobs, and ensure our data maintains consistency, integrity, and availability.
Our Senior Database Administrator (SDBA) performs the most complex and strategically critical assignments which may not have established solutions. SDBA is expected to have extensive knowledge of administering, performance monitoring, tuning, and developing in SQL databases; a developer’s discipline and use logic and best practices; an in-depth understanding and enforce the use of standards; implement security measures to protect data, and develop and support enterprise scheduler jobs, interpret data flow and impacts to up/downstream systems, and minimize manual work through automation.
The SDBA evaluates and develops project plans, provides database expertise to other groups, and regularly interacts with management on cross-functional projects. This role independently leads projects, including occasionally leading project teams.
Length: 4 month contract to hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
Database and Scheduler Development & Administration
- Develop, improve, administer, and maintain databases and scheduler jobs
- Ensure database and scheduler performance in a 24x7 production environment
- Install, configure and monitor complex cluster services, log shipping, database mirroring, replication, load balancing, and backup and recovery procedures
- Proactively monitor server, database, scheduler, and ETL processes to ensure availability
- Support, troubleshoot and debug production and non-production deployments of database schema changes, code deployments, and stored procedures
- Resolve incident and problem tickets. Perform root cause analysis and deploy permanent fixes.
- Plan, track, and execute database and scheduler maintenance cycles and upgrades
Cross-Functional IT Projects
- Perform pro-active capacity planning; recommend and implement solutions for scalability
- Contribute to technology solution selection
- Provide database and scheduler -related expertise and implement database and scheduler -related changes for projects
- Provide support for development teams
- Provide database requirements; work collaboratively to provide solutions or recommendations
- Quickly learn and understand the critical business applications in detail -- such as claims adjudication, claims payment, invoicing/billing, and others
- Serves as escalation point for technical issues within the data availability group
- Leads SQL database upgrades
- Mentors junior staff
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Promotes skills growth and training throughout the team
- Models and encourages thorough technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills; a collaborative, team-centric work style
- Highly organized; understands the rigors of a 24 x 7 production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to a multi-disciplined technology group and able to communicate well with non-technical business users
- Strong project management skills; experience with contracting and negotiating contracts is a plus
- Able to align with business goals; attentive to both internal and external customer experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a database-focused role is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of relevant experience in IT (Infrastructure, Business Intelligence or Data) Engineering -- or equivalent combination of education and experience – is required for this position.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in MS SQL 2008 & 2016.
- Advanced experience of Clustering MS SQL servers.
- Experience with SQL scripting.
- Experience with the N-Tier designs.
- Knowledge of using MS SQL with VMware and Hyper-converged solutions.
- Knowledge with the IT Change management process.
- Knowledge of Agile or SDLC methodologies
- Experience with SQL disaster recovery.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform or Business Intelligence a plus.
- Experience with BizTalk a plus.
- Experience with SQL in or moving to the cloud a plus
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.