Senior Back-End Engineer (Java)
This job contributes to Our Client’s success by designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining systems applications. Models and acts in accordance with their guiding values and mission
Come work a highly collaborative team environment, creating customized digital experiences and features for a variety of programs including our Customer Accounts team. We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement the next generation of features and functionality for our site as well as refactor old code to create microservices and RESTful APIs. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: new site enhancements, code refactoring, application development, new technologies, performance optimization, and incident response. You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with their Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers to create interactive features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new technical challenges.
Length: 5-month contract
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. Defines business requirements and technical solutions, manages tasks, estimates resources, and prioritizes work, with review.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned, with review.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and business analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Resolves production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Resolves production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures.
- Ensures that applications changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet the organization’s future needs.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for department manager and project manager.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- Excellent Java fundamentals, some security knowledge & experience preferred
- Spring, REST
- Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEs
- Oracle knowledge is a plus
- Microservices experience
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.