As an SDET you will work very closely with our client’s development team to understand the architecture of their existing product and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the new product and services. In conjunction with dev, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing.
For more than a decade our client has been adapting, innovating and collaborating to shape new learning possibilities for over 2.6 million kids and 120,000 teachers. Their mission is to inspire all students to think differently about math--and love it. They have a creative office environment and a laid-back company culture that acknowledges hard work while encouraging professional growth and innovation.
Their award-winning online math software is a pioneer in the EdTech space, and they continue to be at the forefront of the industry. Their adaptive technology, curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a unique learning experience that’s like no other. Learn more.
They are 100% on the Amazon AWS cloud and work with modern technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Consul, and Nomad to build the next generation of their infrastructure.
Length: Direct hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with developers as peers to understand underlying architecture and code changes to come up with test strategies across different layers of the application
- Understand test automation needs, task out work, and provide feedback on design solutions
- Automate newly integrated features and develop toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Extend existing automation framework to work with new services and write end-to-end automation for user scenarios (UI and service layer)
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Communicate test status and needs accurately and effectively across teams
- Create detailed strategic test plans, actionable bug reports and follow-up on review proposed problem resolutions
- Create deployment plans and oversee release of features to our production systems
- Evaluate errors post-release to help inform the next iteration of changes to or end-user experiences
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure on AWS in a Mac OS X/Linux environment
- Firmly and passionately advocate for our customers
- Coding experience is required
- 3+ years of testing and automation experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience testing applications built with a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience testing both front-end and backend (API, database, backend jobs etc.,) is a must
- Strong technical skills with expertise in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Ruby is a plus
- Experience with open source automation tools (UI and service automation)
- This is a strongly collaborative role; must be able and willing to work closely with devs/QE on design & review of each other’s work
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.