Postgres Database Administrator
The Postgres DBA will be part of a key team of our client’s technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
Length: 1 year contract
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Write scripts to fully automate configuration and maintenance of databases including creation of fully configured database environments, data migration, monitoring, and release management.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Tune the performance of Postgres SQL and Amazon Aurora based on our requirements
- Understand how the company's application/product uses the databases and work with the application development team to optimize schema, queries, stored procedures, and functions to achieve optimum application performance with respect to the database.
- Perform peer review of changes to the production databases.
- Implement and maintain a CI/CD process for database updates for software releases.
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting
- Track root causes and present solutions
- Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Expert PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect
- Oracle experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience in practice area
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
- Agile software development experience
- Extensive experience in performance tuning, query optimization, replication techniques, clustering, authentication, partitioning
- Expert SQL writing and query optimization skills
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, GCP) is a plus
- Development experience in Bash and PL/pgSQL required; bash or script is a plus
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.