The Data Analyst is a part of a key team of IT professionals that help our client grow by improving technology and process and ensuring effective use of applications and systems. Through research and interaction, this position assesses priorities of internal and external customers. The Data Analyst will collect relevant information and data about new or existing solutions then analyze, review, document, and communicate business needs and impacts on work processes. The Data Analyst also provides technical consulting and support on complex applications and problems.
Length: 6-month contract-to-hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understands basic fundamental concepts, theories and principles of business/systems analysis
- Completes assigned tasks using business/systems analysis concepts under guidance of a more experienced professional
- Communicates effectively with identified stakeholders
- Applies basic and increasing knowledge in system features and technology standards
- Helps define minimum feature set and user acceptance criteria for simple solutions
- Assists engagement with engineers to design low to medium risk solutions
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting
- Updates requirements/tech specs based on testing, prioritized defects or post-release lessons learned
- Supports communication for application/system deployment
- Investigates root cause of production issues
- Documents technical solutions to identified problems
- Assists in ensuring application availability
- Understands tasks and works to identify how to break down tasks in a systematic way
- Strives to identify root causes
- Clarifies problems by driving to understand the true issue
- Investigates functionality to understand where problems are likely to occur
- Identifies and collects quantitative data from a variety of information systems
- Sorts and assesses relevance of data, statistics and information in a systematic way
- Classifies and arranges data for stakeholder review and data-driven decision making
- Uses tools to manage data and data analysis
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Ability to function well in a fast-changing work environment and the ability to work on multiple time-critical issues concurrently.
- High motivation and self-direction, sound problem-solving skills, technical troubleshooting, negotiating and decision-making skills are crucial.
- Responds to unexpected changes in routine.
- Thinks through activities and meets set deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to understand and analyze functionality for cause and effect consequences.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent or suitable work experience
- Light programming experience
- Python or Dash experience
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.