The Sr. Engineer will be part of a key team of our client’s Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
Length: 6-month contract-to-hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop large scale RESTful Web Services in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
- Design, manage, and maintain tools for automation
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception to post-mortem
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting
- Track root causes and present solutions
- Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – business stakeholders, engineers, program management, project management, etc. - to produce the best solutions possible
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-7 years of professional experience in practice area
- Proven high level of expertise in Java and related technology stacks
- Proven proficiency in API development (REST and SOAP)
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Map Reduce
- Experience with Streaming technologies: Kafka
- Experience with Caching technologies: Redis
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
- Agile software development experience
- Experience working in a metrics-driven environment is a plus
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, GCP) is a plus
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.